


We harvested apples from our back yard and I made applesauce. I have fond memories of my dad doing this in the fall with apples from our orchard. Never the less - I needed a website to help ( www.pickyourown.org/applesaucewomill.htm). The process was basically lots of apple peeling and coring followed by simmering the apples in water ( or in one batch pineapple juice -yum) and then making a puree in the
cuisinart and then canning. I made three batches - one with nothing added, one with cinnamon, and the last with the pineapple juice. In general It was successful, I think it ended up a bit thick and may need to be watered down . Adding a bit of apple juice would be good before serving. Elynn plans to try it with pork chops made with Haeley's home raised pig this weekend. I hope they enjoy it !
No comments:
Post a Comment